Imported from 360

Thursday, 12 August 2010 Posted by Vân Nguyễn

I was walking down on the bridge with my heavy bag when I ran into a friend. I said "hi" as usual, because honestly I didn't remember his name. I've known him for a while, since TIP camp in September, but I just couldn't figure out what his name is. He always smiles when he sees me, always says "how are you" but that is it. The only difference is he does know and remember my name.
So, this time, before I could open my mouth to ask "how are you", he threw to my face:
- Are you going home for summer, Van?
-I hope so, but...but why are you asking me about that? (consider the fact that I rarely talk to him though it is quite a common question to ask in this time of the year)
He looked very concerned, as if he had been waiting for long just to ask this question. That surprised me!
- I know you feel homesick.
I stared at him speechlessly. I just talked to this guy once in TIP camp, when we sat in the same table. I told him he had a very nice eyeslash. Very beautiful eyes indeed.
-How do you know?
-Ar...uhm...do you remember the TIP formal, no the TIP camp, I saw you crying...
- You saw me crying? Over there? Are you sure? You must have mistaken me with someone. I don't think I cried...well, I mean not in front of others (my voice went lower and lower. I was thinking "am I that kind of girl, sitting down on a door and crying loudly and catch everybody's attention? I don't think so. Maybe I heard about that somewhere, but that surely can't be me).
-No, no, you were crying but you were doing like this (he moved his hand over his eye) and you kept smiling when you looked up. I asked someone "why does she cry" and she said: "Perhaps she misses home". So, it is good you can come home. I miss home too.
Then I started crying. Completely out of control. On the bridge. People were walking by. The sun was shining brightly and my tears dropped to my lips.
Now I understood why he always smiled with me whenever he saw me. It is like a kind of silent watching, silent caring, silent sympathizing.
-Don't worry. Don't worry. You are not alone. Not only you are homesick. I miss home too.
I didn't really hear what he was saying. Tears were all over my face. I can't believe there was someone watching me when I least expected. It brought me back to those days, when I had to restrain myself from thinking about the word "family" because whenever I did that no matter where I was, what I was doing, I started crying. I had to force myself just to think of them when I was on bed, so that I could cry silently while tried my best to not make any sound, so that I wouldn't wake up my roomate. Many times, I believe, I didn't succeed and I cried but I always recovered myself very quickly. No one ever noticed. I really think if I don't want to let people know, no one can know whether I cry or not. I can't believe that someone paid attention to me, a little, sad-looking girl, sitting in a corner of the crowed room. And I can't believe that he continued to pay attention to me throughout the year. I bet he does.
And I asked him a question that seemed the most irrelevant to that situation
-What is your religion?
-Im a Christian.
Is it the idea? Of someone who is always watching you, taking care of you, no matter you know about Him or not?
I said in my crumbled voice.
-Thank you. Thank you so much
He wiped away my tears and gave me a hug. A tight hug. On the brigde. When people were walking by.
-Don't worry
-No, Im not worried. It's just..you really move me...You really touch me..deep inside..thank you so much..
He left. I kept on walking. Today. On the bridge
I know
I am not
ALONE
Isn't it a good news?
  1. Bài này hay quá em ạ! Có thể đứng riêng thành 1 truyện ngắn.

Post a Comment